Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Amy's Hat


I wanted to to something nice for my friend Amy. When she said she would like a Tam O' Shanter to go with her new coat, I said yeah! I helped her pick out the yarn, Lion Brand Wool Ease, and I have her a choice of free patterns to choose from. She chose the Square Tam O'Shanter from the Lion Brand web site. The top of the hat is done in a "flat knot" stitch which is rows of sc on sc and dc on dc. I like the way it looks. The top is crocheted in an octagon, then four of the sides are joined together to make a band with sc. Amy did not want the bobble border or the flower, so we left those off. The way the hat is assembled, 4 of the octagon sides are left unattached. I didn't like the way that looked, so I stitched them up. I added the pom pom. Now she has a hat to match her coat.

No comments: