Sunday, May 9, 2010

My fastest sweater?

I do think that I have set a personal record. I made this Baby Yoda Sweater in less than a week! It was really easy and adorable! I modified the pattern a little bit by using a moss stitch at the cuffs, neck and waist instead of garter stitch. I think moss stitch is much more attractive and serves the same function. If I make this sweater again, I might make the moss stitch borders in a contrasting color for some added visual interest.

This is the first time that I used Rowan Calmer yarn. It is a blend of cotton, polyamide and microfiber. It is the SOFTEST yarn I've ever used. I could knit with this stuff forever. Too bad it is $14 per ball! I got the yarn for this sweater at a super sale for $3 per ball. Now I'm haunting ebay and ravelry, looking for anyone wanting to destash some of this in any color at a cheap price.

No comments: